Thursday, July 19, 2007

Celebrating 8 Years!

July 17th was our eighth wedding anniversary! Our day was filled with many little blessings, and reflections of the many things we have been through together in these eight years:

-- the birth of our four children

-- surviving seminary together

-- moving to Scotland for four years

-- Michael's completion of his PhD

-- enduring a discouraging and debilitating illness

-- moving back to the USA

-- Michael's taking on the pastorate

-- buying our first house

-- all the everyday ins and outs of life that happened in the midst of those major life changes

God has been so good to us, and allowed our love to only grow and deepen even through many and varied trials.


My Mom came over Tuesday morning to help after I had a difficult weekend healthwise. She brought a bouquet of the most beautiful flowers in her garden, and I think just about every single snap-dragon she had.
Hopefully Mom's garden will survive this week while she is away visiting her brother. So far, we've had buckets of rain, so no worries!
Strawberries were on sale, so I bought 25 pounds to freeze.
In the evening Michael and I took a picnic dinner to the grounds of the Art Museum and ate beside the Lake. My dear sisters filled our picnic basket with all sorts of lovely food -- fresh bruschetta, mixed olives, sparkling pomegranate juice, prosciutto, brie, a mix of cheddar and blue cheese, crackers, mango slices, and an assortment of baklava.
We devoured the dinner and it was absolutely delicious!
The setting could not have been more peaceful and we had a delightful time looking at a scrapbook of the first year of our courtship and marriage.



"God is faithful to all His promises, and loving toward all He has made."

2 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Anniversary!!! May I say that you have an absolutely beautiful blog?!! I couldn't believe those flowers came from your mother's garden - gorgeous. I will definitely be one of your regular readers! Thanks again for stopping by my blog. Have a great weekend!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Heather, I am so glad you came by my blog and left a comment so I could visit yours.

I write a lot about living with a chronic illness (I developed Juvenile Diabetes in my 40s...go figure).

LOVE the picnic goodies and picture.