Tuesday, October 14, 2014

October

It doesn't seem possible but I suppose we are right into the very heart of fall! There are beautiful leaves all around and hiking at the park is something I can't get enough of.


It's even fun when it is wet and you need wellies!


But then comes those soccer mornings when the temperatures are in the mid-40's and it seems WAY too cold!!!!


We still seem to be receiving magnificent cloud days.


Laura got to go to the dentist. She was disappointed she couldn't take the glasses home. :(


We met Grandma at the park to check out fall picnic locations.


And we met Mr. & Mrs. Duck.


Laura is often my little shadow. Here she is making her own collages while I got ready for calligraphy class.


On Friday our friends from Michigan came down and we spent several hours at Eagle Creek. First we took a nice hike around the lake.


And I found a Fuzzy Wuzzy! I love them. They are so cute and remind me of being a child.


Laura decided to carry him around.


The trees are turning but are not yet at their peak.


Then we went to our chosen spot for lunch and Mr. & Mrs. Duck showed up!


Tracy got a nice fire going for hotdogs.


And I fired up the camp stove for hot cider and baked beans.


Oh yes! This is definitely fall fun at its best!


Finally the mothers could sit down for a little rest.


And the kids had a blast!


S'mores ended the meal.


Laura was the last one cooking.


And then we ended the week with a final soccer game. Andrew has really enjoyed this season.


And now we are on our two-week, stay-home, family vacation. A good time to take a break and some time off the internet.....I'll be back with our adventures at the end of October.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Enjoy fall break. My mom is here visiting during hers. :-) Looks like you've had a lot of fall fun so far!

Anonymous said...

Have a fantastic break - well deserved, I'm sure. I have quite a few of your posts to catch up on so will do that while you're taking some time away.

Pom Pom said...

Good for you! Have a wonderful family time! Two weeks is perfect! I love the woodsy picnic. Good mama!

Jessica said...

Enjoy your vacation! We hit the 70's yesterday, hard to believe. The bundled up photo is so funny. 40 here is like t-shirt weather, lol. I'm due for another photo update!

reader19 said...

Great seeing your photo's! What a great day!!! The soccer morning photo is too cute! Thanks so much for sharing! I haven't done a good job of commenting when I visit; but I often enjoy a little viral visit with you without you even knowing!!

elizabeth said...

yay for a stay-cation!! blessed time! lovely photos! :)

GretchenJoanna said...

This post is making me love autumn! Your colorful handful of leaves is Instant Art, and a picnic in the park, with hot food - it's a brilliant idea!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I think Christopher and I had more colds when he played soccer than ever again. Our seasons were always cold and sometimes cold/wet.

Every Saturday morning one fall it rained. His pediatrician had a daughter who played soccer and he understood completely.