Saturday, February 20, 2016

This and That


I recently inherited this painting when my dad sold his house. I've always loved it. As I child I would stare into it and pretend I was back in Vermont, the land of my birth and home of my grandmother and cousins. It has always brought peace and refreshment to my soul and it is a breathe of fresh air to have it back in my life again.

My uncle painted it and it is a farm I grew up passing regularly. On the river are three skaters playing hockey, which always makes me think of "the good old days" in fiction books. It's funny that the colors in the painting are very much my living room colors!

The sun is out today and the temperature is predicted to hit 63 degrees! Such a nice break in the middle of February!

I have lots of pictures and things to share on the blog but am running short on the emotional energy it takes to put those together! Rachel has been completely immersed in the Mary Poppins musical at high school this week. Michael and I took turns attending and it really is fantastic!

This past Monday our family had the chance to go on a special tour of the President Benjamin Harrison home. It was wonderful! I can't wait to share pictures from that! We've also enjoyed plenty of Valentine teas last weekend.

I hope you all have a good weekend! And perhaps many of you will also be enjoying good weather!

3 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Hi good Heather! Mary Poppins! I wish I could see it!

elizabeth said...

what a lovely painting. so glad it is in your home now. It can take a lot of energy to put pictures together into a blog post. I feel that too. Lots of love and prayers for strength.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful painting, and with so much personal meaning for you. I'm so glad it has come to you. Hooray for Mary Poppins! Just post when you can - always a joy to see your posts.