Wednesday, February 14, 2018

February Flowers

February has, so far, been a month filled with flowers. 

My sister, Emily, just opened up a floral studio of her own!!! It's called "Blooms" and is located in Fountain Square close to their Wildwood Market. 



(Check out Blooms Facebook page.)


Emily's shop is filled with the most beautiful flowers!

 

 And of course she has other treats for sale too: jams, chocolates, candies, cards, candles, and other little gifts.


You can buy single stems or ready-made bouquets.



There is plenty to choose from!


Just look at these delicious roses!


And the pink of those carnations!


Candles made by Wheeler Mission:


It seems like you could enjoy an eternal spring working in a floral shop!


More bouquets just waiting to go home:


There are cards to choose from:


More lovely bouquets.....Those of you in the area must stop and check out the shop!


Earlier in the month I had the chance to do wedding flowers for a friend!

The color palette of ivory with greens was absolutely perfect.
 

There were small bouquets for the tables:





And one large arrangement for the front of the church:



A cake topper:


Lots of corsages and boutonnieres:


And then came the bouquets:


Set against navy dresses these flowers were so classic and elegant. I highly recommend this color choice!


 The rehearsal dinner room with flowers on the windowsill:


And the happy bride and groom who are off on their new life together serving in a church in Minnesota!

Last weekend a friend needed centerpieces for a function downtown. I decided to steal the wedding palette and do a repeat. (I do the same thing when I find a good meal to serve guests: I make it again and again!)


The plan worked. It's always easier to do something when the decisions have been made and the design worked out earlier.



I think that's it for flowers in my life for the moment. It's almost time to start watching the garden for the first signs of spring. I finally bought and planted snowdrops last year and I'm so afraid they haven't come up that I've stopped looking for them. I better remedy that and go have a look around the garden tomorrow.

No comments: