Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Word From Bed

Now that we have completed the current round of doctor's appointments, I thought I would put in a little update on my health, for those of you who are wondering.

The doctors have all confirmed that what happened to me this summer was a thyroxine overdose which led to me developing hyperthyroidism and caused the nasty crash that has landed me in bed. I am back to my normal thyroid level, and am beginning to move beyond my bedroom as strength allows.

I am to plan on gradually increasing my household activity over the next three months, hopefully getting back to my normal level of responsbility by the end of that time. From there we just continue to deal with the underlying chronic fatigue and allergies that have been a problem all along.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers over the past months of what has been the most difficult trial of my life. God has provided grace one hour, one day at a time. He is to be praised for His faithfulness to us. Please do continue to pray for me, as you think of it, that I would continue to trust and obey, and that God might see fit to restore a measure of strength to me.

2 comments:

Lady of the house said...

Glad you have some answers.

Lovella ♥ said...

What a blessing it is to have some answers. I do hope that your recovery is consistent and speedy.