Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

It's the new year! Tonight we finally got our tree and decorations down and now it will really feel like a new beginning. I love January! I know you think I'm nuts, but I have my reasons, and that is one thing I want to blog about this season -- embracing winter.

Today I took time for a little tea and one of my gluten-free mince pies (topped with Brandy butter of course!). We are back into the swing of things with school -- only 97 more days to go! And now it's time to make my plan for tomorrow and enjoy reading.

4 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

topped with brandy butter of course. I love it...and your new header with the red bird to match your blog.
There are so many beautiful aspects of winter..and I will enjoy seeing yours.

PS..it rained hard here today. :(

Lovella ♥ said...

OH..but it did provide me a reason to wear my new rain boots to town. :0)

southseaislandhome said...

Love your new banner! I love winter too - and I keep meaning to write and tell you that the icing on my Christmas cake is almond icing, topped with royal icing (marzipan), and then brandy icing all over the top of that - I guess it might be the same thing as brandy butter. Do you want me to send you the recipe?
By-the-way, in my cleaning out, I've been finding lots of stamps from all over the world - some really lovely ones from France. I've been putting them in an envelope addressed to you, so will pop them in the mail soon, for Andrew's collection.

Jessica said...

Love the banner - I have such a thing for cardinals. I love watching them come to our window feeder every day. Eliot has been asking me about tea rings since I mentioned one in a story to him after reading about it on your blog. I'll have to try making one! I am about a week away from my computer being fixed..can't wait to start posting again!

Jess