Saturday, July 5, 2014

July 4th

Yesterday was certainly a Glorious Fourth!


The weather could not have been nicer -- low to mid-70's! After our festive smoothies we headed down to our little town's parade.


Grandma joined the fun and the kids waited at the curb with anticipation for all the candy.


This adorable couple sat in front of Michael and me. I kept thinking it was a flash-forward 40 years to Michael and me. :)


Our parade lasted 1 hour and 15 minutes so there were lots of things to look at. I loved this barnyard float!


And everyone enjoyed the horses:


 We came home for sandwiches and a relaxing afternoon of games, reading, and visiting. Then we got things set up for an evening barbecue out back.


The kids had lots of fun!


And mom did the grilling for us -- pork and veggie shish kabobs.


John and Laura were best buddies.


The food was delicious -- shish kabobs, warm potato salad, black bean salad, fruit salad, and kale, cabbage salad.


The back patio was hopping with festivity!


And in the evening there were pies -- blueberry and raspberry -- made by Christina!


And we had coffee and tea too!


It was such an amazing evening!!!


Some people got a little tired out.


But some people really wanted to go to the fireworks. :)


So that was our day!

6 comments:

HeatherMavis said...

Now this is how it's done - if the weather cooperates.
It rained all day here. I did go in the camp pool with my girls. The water was warmer than the air , so the key was to stay down in the water.
Later my DH barbecued ribs and we ate inside with my parents aka Grammy and Grandpa.
Your table outside was SO pretty . Hey, my table inside was similarly decorated - candle lantern instead of flowers.

elizabeth said...

oh how nice! makes me nostalgic for my childhood in a small town! :)

Pom Pom said...

Great photos! So American! I think the parades through neighborhoods all over America are pretty awesome!

Laura said...

It was a perfect day... thanks !!! loved the whole chabang!!!

Unknown said...

WOW! How lovely! I absolutely love the prints of the linens and bunting you used. I would have never thought to use that in the red, white, & blue...so beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Looks like a great party! We held DD's 2nd bday party on the 4th, as it seemed like a great reason for a cookout. We lucked out and could see the fireworks from the nearby country club (when standing across the street) that night. The red and blue bunting looks great as well!