Friday, July 18, 2008

A Summer's Picnic

Yesterday Michael and I celebrated 9 years of marriage! We took a picnic to a local park and enjoyed a beautiful evening outdoors.

We took along pastrami, cheeses, and mixed olives,
a plate of tomato and mozzarella, some good bread, and a homemade tart,
and cherries! We both really enjoy cherries and thus we usually have them on our anniversary. As much as I think about trying to cook with cherries, I don't think they get any better than eating them fresh!
There was a pet duck in the park, spending the evening with her owner. The duck was adorable, and I had to take a picture for the kids:
And then I decided that we needed to practice self-portraits since so many of my blog friends are so proficient at it. :)
It was a lovely evening and we both look forward to many more years together.

11 comments:

jennie said...

I can't believe it has been 9 years! Remember trying to get tan in the Thomas' pool so we would not look so white in our dresses? Those were fun days. Happy Anniversary!!!

Alicia said...

Happy Anniversary! That's a really cute photo of you two.

Amy K said...

Happy belated anniversary! I also think the photo is cute. Self-portraits are hard to get just right. :)

southseaislandhome said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! Cute photo too.
Rachel L

Alaina said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a wonderful evening and what beautiful food!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful picnic. I am so glad it was such a lovely evening. Happy Anniversary and may the Lord bless you in the coming year.

Kimberly said...

I just came across your blog - Happy Anniversary. The picnic looks great. What yummy food!

Monica said...

You both look so happy in these pictures. Congratulations on nine wonderful years! You have much to celebrate.

Niall MacC said...

Happy belated anniversary! You both look great. You put a lot of effort into your (what looked like a romantic!) picnic. I must make more of an effort myself next time...

Good Idea, picnic with yur husband, must try it myself!

Glad the Zirtex worked. I give it to my son sometimes for his hay fever. You can get the bottle of medicine over here as well as the tablet.
Ruth

Darcy said...

Happy belated Anniversary!!!

What a nice and relaxing way to spend the special occasion, everything looked so beautiful, including the two of you!

May the Lord bless you with many, many, more years!

Catherine said...

How lovely! And happy anniversary!