Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sweet Memories

Last week my mom handed me two boxes filled with old letters and photos. Inside one box I found this photo! There I am with my two best buddies from my childhood -- Kate and Carrie (they are sisters).

The photo brings back so many memories of dressing up, sewing together, visiting Kate and Carrie's grandparents on their farm, making pancakes with too much salt, etc. etc.

All these memories go along with the book I'm reading right now-- Grown-up Girlfriends by Erin Smalley and Carrie Oliver.


Lovella reviewed this book a few weeks ago and I then ordered it from the library. I'm really enjoying it! It talks about making/keeping/cultivating/rejuvenating friendships among women now that we are adults. I highly recommend it.

This afternoon we are off to the State Fair! The kids are SO excited! I'm hoping it doesn't rain. :) And, I have 29 pounds of peaches sitting on the counter waiting for them to ripen. It'll be just my luck that they ripen on Sunday! Actually, I think they'll probably be good to go on Saturday. Stay tuned for plenty of fair pictures!

2 comments:

Amy K said...

That's great! Do you keep in touch with the sisters?

I'll have to read that book--sounds fabulous.

Hope you had fun at the fair despite the brief showers.

Heather Anne said...

What a great picture Heather! I used to love to play dress up with my friends - we had a huge trunk of my grandma's clothes with fox fur stoles and peach silk underwear along with tartans and kilts! So fun! I'll have to keep my eye out for that book - looks quite inspiring! Have fun with the peaches tomorrow! We are heading to the farm market in the morning - hopefully some cheaper tomatoes and more fresh corn and other yummy things! Mmmmm .... my favorite season for cheap healthy eating! Great job on the petite fours, by the way - you are a braver Heather than this Heather!