Thursday, June 11, 2009

Domesticity

I've just come across this wonderful book: The Gentle Art of Deomesticity by Jane Brocket. I believe I have Brenda to thank for the recommendation, and I don't know how I've missed this book before (it's been out for a year).

Jane is the author of the Yarnstorm blog, and this book is essentially "back issues" of her blog. Initially I thought I would glance through the book for inspiration from the lovely photos. Then I started reading and realized I would be reading every word. This book is so inspiring to me!

Jane loves photos, food, knitting, embroidery, sewing, quilting, etc. She's not afraid to dabble in anything related to the arts and crafts of homemaking. She inspires people to dive in and enjoy domesticity.

3 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I just loved this book when I brought it home from the library.

It is definitely a case of "reading to know we are not alone". :)

willow said...

I have this book, a birthday present last year. It is still on my bedside table, the perfect book to dip into for a five minute read or just to look at the stunning photographs.

Sorry to see your garden photograph, it does look sad. It looks like the soil could be lacking a few essential minerals, I hope you find out and can remedy it.

melly~ said...

good morning heather! nice meeting you too. thanks for stopping by my blog. now we can keep in touch!

melly~