Saturday, May 8, 2010

End of the Week

Rachel ended her year of ballet this week with a recital. Michael went and took videos for those of us who stayed home. I was quite impressed with all they've learned and the dance they put on at the end.

And, of course I have to include more pictures of Laura. She's definitely the most popular subject matter for photos just now. :)

I can't believe she'll be two weeks old in a few days!

The weather has taken a turn for the worse here and it's a jeans and sweater kind of day. I need to get out and Miracle Gro my garden, so that there will be hope of actually getting some produce! The peas are looking quite nice and I must get a trellis up for them to climb. I'm hoping to go to the plant store next week.

We have only four more days of school left!!! The kids were good sports and plowed through school while I was in the hospital, despite my having promised that we could take a week off. In return, I've decided on a class party for the last day of school -- since we don't ever do that kind of thing. It will include cupcakes and a measured amount of candy as well as a special project to work on.

A very big thanks to all my friends who have so kindly brought meals to us these past weeks. Wow! We have enjoyed so many delicious foods and it has been very nice not to have to worry about dinner. The kids have enjoyed it too and like to ask "Who made this?".

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there. I hope you have a special weekend. Laura and I are looking forward to hopefully making it to church this week and spending time with family.

4 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh such sweet girls you have. . .oh .and look at Laura's hair . .she could definately wear a head band with a felt flower attached. . there's a project for the school party. .
So fun!

willow said...

Such lovely photos of both your girls, Heather.
Its jeans and sweater weather here as well, I don't know what became of that nice warm spring weather, still the rain is good for the gardens.

Anne said...

What angels you have Heather. I have been so busy I haven't been in blogland for weeks. So glad she has arrived and everyone is fine. What a blessing!

Amy K said...

Love the precious newborn pictures. What a beautiful gift.