Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Laura at 8 Months

Laura turned 8 months last week. She's had two weeks without any bumps in the road and has thus made so much progress! The best news is that she sits up now on her own.

She's into banging toys together, making clicking noises, saying mama, dada, and has finally remembered how to roll over.

The best fun is playing with her siblings and I am amazed at how much interest each of the boys takes in her. It's natural for Rachel, but interesting to see that even David just loves playing with her.

We took her NG tube out on Friday to change it and haven't put in a new one yet! It's nice not to see that tube on her face and so far she's been taking her bottles, albeit with quite a bit of prodding. We've even begun solid foods again and she's quite excited about them!

She is the joy of our lives!

Thank you all for your continued prayers on Laura's behalf. We still don't have a date for her next surgery. We're told anytime in the next 6-12 weeks. I am happy for any extra time for her to catch up on her weight and development. She weighed in at 12 pounds 11 ounces today, which is good, although it could be better.

6 comments:

Silvia M. said...

Your children are beauiful. I'm so glad little Laura is doing well. I hope everything will go well with her upcoming surgery. You are always in my thoughts.

Nicole said...

I love all the pictures! So glad to hear Laura is doing well and excited that she is eating. I will call this week. I love you!!

willow said...

My favourite photo of Laura in this set is the one opening the present - the look of concentration as she pulls at the paper and also she has such cute tiny feet!

Tisha Alexander said...

She is beautiful!! Thank you for the update. I think about your family often.

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Love that she sit up for you on Christmas! :)

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh she is a doll. I have said that before but it is true. I love how you capture the moments with her siblings. Preious times.