Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Thrifting

Thrifting is one of my favorite hobbies. Of course it is also good for my flower business, since that is where I obtain the materials I need.

Last week I happened upon someone's collection of silk, and not-so-silk, scarves at Salvation Army. I couldn't resist, and came home with about 14 of them (good thing they were cheap). My favorite is a 1977 commemoration scarf for the Queen's silver jubilee. Very appropriate since this year marks her 60th year on the throne. I also like the burberry one, and that bright orange one. I used some of the scarves for stuffing Easter eggs for the ladies on Easter.

At the same store, I ran into a box of over 40 melamine white teacups. Since the price was only $4 I swooped that one up and now Christina and I are enjoying them. They will be perfect for an outdoor event.

Not every adventure yields such great finds, but it is always fun when they do show up.

1 comment:

Heather Anne said...

Now you have me itching to go thrifting Heather! Great finds!