Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Words and Wool


I finished this little summer baby dress a few weeks ago to send to a friend's new baby. Since it was going to Maine I wanted to do something that seemed to be "Maine colors" so I chose blue and white. This is the second or third time I have knit the Emma Tunic which can be found here on Ravelry. I did pull out patterns and yarn for two more projects which are also gifts so I may need to wait before posting. I continue to motor along on the crochet afghan and am loving it so much!

As for reading, 
 I am half way through my Rosamunde Pilcher book,Coming Home. I really do love it. World War II is beginning and the main character has come of age and is making decisions on her own. I am drawn to the descriptions of every day life and the trials and joys that come the way of Judith, the heroine.

Of course the book I'm most excited about right now is my very first Tea Cookbook PDF which I mentioned on Monday. I'm waiting for my printed copies to arrive in the mail and then I will show you a few snapshots from inside. But, if you click on the link below, MagCloud will let you flip through the entire booklet yourself.

London Summer Tea Cookbook


Today I am joining Ginny at Small Things for her Yarn Along. Hop on over for more knitting and reading ideas!




6 comments:

Jessica said...

I love this little dress so much! I still haven't taken it to the baby's room because I want to keep looking at it. Thank you again.

fjord girl said...

This is so beautiful - love the colors and the pattern.

karen said...

Such a beautiful delicate dress!! Great colors , I am sure the baby will love it!

Anne said...

That little dress is just adorable.

Kevin Gardella for School Committee said...

As a new appreciator of baby girl clothing I believe you have set the new bar very high with this jumper. Thank you,your makery is truly inspired.

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

Love that little girl's dress. Just beautiful.
Loani