Monday, August 24, 2020

Butterflies, Flowers, and Everyday Life

 We hatched our final butterflies last week. Since they seem to hatch around 9 or 9:30 in the morning I've missed them while at work -- but Michael takes videos and sends them to me so I don't have to miss out on the fun.



This is the end of my exercise walks: the reservoir at Eagle Creek:


Drew and I did an "end of summer before college starts outing" -- we didn't eat cake like Rachel and I did, we burned up calories by canoeing on Eagle Creek. 


We had some good laughs about this seemingly very tall Great Blue Heron.


I spent a total of three days at the flower shop. Such gorgeous flowers right now because Emily's in-law's are bringing in fresh flowers from their farm.


Such happiness is wrapped up in these bouquets!


While I worked on market bouquets the other talented floral designers created wedding flowers. They were so beautiful I could almost cry!


On Friday I got to help make the wedding installation on site (at our Central Library!):


Rachel went back to Purdue on Saturday and Sunday evening we enjoyed a barbecue dinner with both Grandmas present. There was local corn (thanks to James' side-gig as a corn-picker on Saturday) and local tomatoes (nothing like them!). 


Masks are our new art form around here and this week James created a dwarf beard mask for one of his teachers at school. 



My garden is just full of birds and butterflies and hummingbirds and praying mantis' right now. It's bringing me so much joy!



I also enjoyed taking time to paint our Cake Bake Shop experience from last week. 


And now we are into a new week!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Every time we go to the library now we remark into how fun it would be for a wedding venue. How fun that you got to set one up!

Also very impressed with the dwarf beard mask!

Shirley in Washington said...

Such a fun, creative mask! And the flowers....so gorgeous and such a joy. You are blessed to be able to create with the flowers and enjoy them. Blessings, Shirley

Giuffri49 said...

Lovely blog you havee here