Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Fun With Family

Michael took all four children to Cleveland over the weekend to visit their cousins. They all had a blast, and came back with all kinds of stories of what they did, what they ate (very yummy food) and who they saw. Here they are in the rental van on the way:



Auntie "Cole" (Nicole) and David



David and Baby Stella -- they are about 7 months apart

Uncle Joe read Grimm's fairytales to the kids each night



Stella kept everyone entertained. James agrees that he loves Baby Stella and told me he gave her one kiss.
All the cousins, except for Kyleigh in Oklahoma, were together on Sunday.

Auntie Cole was allowed to spoil the kids, and it sounds like she did so prudently. :) Rachel got to go on her own outing with Auntie Cole and they had Starbucks coffee together. Andrew and James got to go to McDonalds with Uncle Joe. It looks like David enjoyed having candy.


The visit ended with the construction of a gingerbread house. And then at 5am the next morning Daddy packed the kids in the car and made it home by 11 am. Many thanks to the aunts, uncles, and cousins for a wonderful visit!

3 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

How wonderful for your children to be with their cousins. Our boys have so many of their fondest memories being around their cousins. I caught up a little on reading your blog. The real tree, the heather growing in your yard . .almost as if it was planted just for you.
Blessings on you and your family and I'll be praying for your strength especially.

Monica said...

I love the picture of the cousins on the couch. So many years of more fun ahead, I see. Glad your family is back together again.

Anonymous said...

I loved all the pictures! (I always do.) Thanks for posting them (and thanks to Nicole for alerting me to check).

Glad you survived your all-alone time, Heather, and I hope you got some good rest time. I'm sure you were delighted to have them all back. I can't imagine how empty the house must have seen with all four children gone.