Friday, December 14, 2007

How Does Your Garden Grow?


....with weeds, and shrubs, and heather bushes!

The day we closed on our house and got the keys we came straight up to walk through the house again. Imagine my shock and amazement to discover three large bushes of heather growing by the front door!
First of all, I have NEVER seen heather growing in the United States before. Second, the fact that it should "randomly" be planted at a house we would end up buying after moving home from "the land of heather", is quite amazing. And, finally, I'm still finding it hard to believe that it is surviving and growing in our horrible soil and hot/cold climate. Maybe it really isn't heather, but as far as I know, it is.
It seems to be "late-blooming" as it only just started to open its little flowers at the beginning of the month. It survived the snow, and I got this picture after the snow melted.
I think this is what I would call a little touch of "providence."

1 comment:

Monica said...

Planted just for you long before you even knew that you'd be back in Indiana. What a reminder of God's goodness.