Friday, January 25, 2008

Inspiration


Emily took me to Joann Fabrics earlier in the week and I came home with a few things that inspired me and I just couldn't pass up (the two fabrics in the middle). There are some lovely craft blogs out there and they are always showing beautiful displays of material, stashes, projects in progress, etc. I decided I should just hang up my fabrics and keep them in front of me so that I actually get to them sooner rather than later. Most of these are destined to become tea cozies.

6 comments:

Monica said...

Beautiful. I'm glad that you have a sewing closet- a place all your own.

Amy K said...

I like the chocolate brown one with green especially!

Heather Anne said...

I love your fabric choices and I like them all out to be seen - great for inspiration! I have a pile and I keep rotating it and looking at it and not getting to do anything with it, but I think I am finally finding my inspiration again! PTL! Have fun with your stash!

Jessica said...

great cushions! i love to see what other people are drawn to when it comes to colors and fabrics. hanging fabric up is fun isnt it :)

Stephen, Sarah, Nora, Joseph and Isaiah said...

I love visiting fabric stores! Makes me wish I knew how to sew. Someday. Soon, I hope :) Tea cozies are an especially good idea. We use ours all the time, and you never see them sold here like you do in the UK.

Anonymous said...

Ah-ha! So *that's* where the tea cozy came from!

I don't think I put that together until just now. You *made* the tea cozy.

I like your idea of displaying them. My friend Anita, who makes recycled leather bags (www.refindoriginals.com), has her workspace set up with rods to hang her materials. I guess it's both for inspiration and efficiency.