Friday, February 29, 2008

Our Extra Day

I noticed that this will be my 100th post! How exciting! And a good day for it too -- February 29th, our Leap Year! Here are a bunch of pictures from the last few days. I think I'm on the road to recovery from these nasty colds, and perhaps that's why I'm feeling up to blogging. :)
It's very hard not to take lots of pictures of David. I think he knows he's cute.


Thanks to an idea from a friend, I finally pulled out some bulbs that I found in the garage and we're going to see if we can force them inside. At least it felt like we were doing something "spring" orientated.

Rachel had a friend over to play this week. Watching the two of them have fun together reminded me of the wonderful, wonderful times I had with friends when I was Rachel's age. In particular, I played with two sisters named Kate and Carrie. We had such great times sewing doll clothes, playing in the woods, baking, riding bikes, etc. We still keep in touch.

These are Em's flowers from before Valentine's Day. At first I thought $5 was a bit exuberant to spend on 5 gerberas, but, they have lasted nearly 3 weeks! I guess that's pretty good value!


The boys have a new bed, thanks to some friends. They love it! Rachel was so intrigued that she decided to move in with the boys for awhile.

"Anyone want to play monopoly?"


This is a fun scene to come upon during the day.


"Hey mom, you don't mind me eating food in the living room, do you? I'm just so cute that I'm sure you'll let me get away with it."

So, now that my blogging is over, it's time to return to the tax return. :) I'm working on that while Michael is away.

One last note, my mom has decided to start a blog! Yeah! She's just getting it up and running, but you'll be able to find it here: Watercolor


4 comments:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Congrats on your 100th post! Do you have any idea how rare it is to actually make it to 100?

You have such beautiful material to write about...just look up and see those darling faces. May God bless you and bless your home and your writing.

Heather Anne said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you planted your bulbs - they do look very promising! The amaryllis I planted are growing like crazy - even the ones that I had hoped would 'keep' until next week! I have one on my kitchen sink window sill and it is bringing me joy daily. I have to change the water daily for the ones that are in glass jars with marbles - it gets really stinky quickly and it's hard to concentrate on our lessons with the 'horrible stench'!!!! I love the picture of your kids reading - what a blessing to have them enjoying each other's company over a good book!

Alaina said...

I love all the pictures!!! I need to get back in the habit of taking them. :)

Perhaps you will force spring here along with the bulbs...one can hope! :)

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing your pictures of the kids... oh so happy you took a walk with the kids... it was gorgeous... loved the picture of Rachel and her friend, reminded me of those days you cooking with your sisters :).. how lovely life repeats itself in wonderful ways.... what a joy for me to see it.... love you
mom