Since "25 Random Things" is all the rage on Facebook right now, I thought I'd post mine here as well. And, I thought I'd post a random picture, taken from the 25th file and the last photo in that file.
1. I am the first born in my family, the first born of my cousins, the daughter of a first born and the granddaughter of a firstborn, beyond that I don't know.
2. I'm definately a foodie.
3. I first remember my husband from when I was 15 years old and attending a meeting where he spoke on the Psalms for a very LONG time (perhaps an hour and 20 minutes). I remember telling myself this was the kind of man I wanted to marry. Little did I know I would marry him and the psalms would become a subject he writes and speaks about. (I should have known).
4. I seem to own purses that are only green or black.
5. I hear my sister has nick-named me The Boss. That does not sound good. (At least it's not the sister that lives with me....)
6. I confiscate things my mom gives my kids -- like stickers that I decide could be saved for a project at some later date. Sister #2 has been told to find those stickers and return them to the rightful owner.
7. My husband prefers vanilla ice-cream, which is what my Dad preferred and I ate all my growing up years, hoping I would marry a man who liked flavored ice-cream.
8. I was homeschooled and I homeschool my children.
9. I delivered 3 of my children at home without meds (unless you count laughing gas). Baby #4 was delivered in the hospital with an epidural. There's no going back.
10. Pink and Green are my current favorite colors.
11. I have always been a letter-writer.
12. I believe in the sovereignty of God, which boils down to the fact that even apparently random things are used by God to accomplish His will. It's a very comforting doctrine.
13. I never went to college. Sometimes this makes me feel self-conscious. I try to figure out what I would have gone for: nursing? English literature? engineering? Tudor History?
14. I love classical pop music.
15. I like to do a variety of handcrafts but always find myself stumbling for an answer when someone says: "So what's your specialty?"
16. My kids are at the cool ages of 2, 4, 6, 8
17. I have better health at age 31 than I have had for the past 15 years. (With much thanks to God!)
18. I was never athletic.
19. I use the library incessantly and frequently have around 125 books checked out. I feel guilty about placing holds on umpteen books.
20. I love my church family.
21. I am very proud that my husband can make and serve perfect tea.
22. Someday I'm going to take Michael to Uganda, and he's going to take me to Moscow.
23. I have a fear of running out of food and thus keep my pantry and freezer well-stocked. My extended family jokes about this.
24. My husband makes me happy.
25. I have laundry to go attend to. BTW, my favorite household chore is ironing, I don't mind laundry, but I really don't like cleaning bathrooms.