Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring is Springing

Spring is on it's way to full bloom here in Indiana! We had a beautiful day of 80+ degree weather on Sunday. After church we took our lunch to a local garden to enjoy the afternoon.

Of course taking pictures of Laura is much too fun!

She spent the entire lunch stealing veggies from the veggie tray and taking a few bites out of each before tossing it aside to lunge for another.

Michael is away in Japan. Things have been so busy around here that I haven't posted anything. I have many things to catch up on, hopefully this week.....

The kids think it's pretty neat that we can talk to and see Daddy via Skype while he is away.

My mom spent the weekend with us and even grilled chicken for us for the first time this year.

A large part of Saturday was spent doing projects with the kids. Rachel and I finished up these matching jumpers that we started last summer!!! Fortunately, they actually still fit!

I never get over the joy of seeing the two sisters together:

And we needed a Mommy/baby picture. Last year I posted a picture of me in front of this same tree, just a few weeks before Laura arrived.

Daffodils were out in many varieties. Not much color or green in other places. The redbud trees are just beginning to appear.

A better picture of the dresses:

Tired baby loves her sister. Funny enough, baby is doing the very same pose on my knee as I type.
Laura finally settled in for a nice afternoon nap.

Grandma pulled out the watercolors and got all the kids painting.

And mommy posed with a new necklace of yellow flowers.

Here is the yarn for the current crochet project I'm working on -- Japanese granny square flowers.

And while we were enjoying the spring gardens here in the USA, Michael was enjoying lunch with members of the Reformed Presbyterian Church in Japan in a local park where the cherry blossoms were in full bloom!

7 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

I loved this post. The pictures were all so beautiful. Your girls are darling. ..wonderful job on the jumpers. I hurried to the mail box today ...but came home only with bills. . .the anticipation is so much fun.
Your weather looks amazing but I have been watching the severe weather warnings and hope you are not in the path of any tornado action.
So glad you are springing there in full swing.

southseaislandhome said...

Gorgeous photos - it all looks so springy! I love your new flowery necklace - very sweet.
Did Michael feel that 7.1 in Japan yesterday?

Emma@christmascupboard said...

Beautiful Spring photo's Heather. Your family is so adorable and you all look so happy and relaxed in each others company...Gorgeous x

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Sunday was gorgeous!

Praying for you as hubby is away. I've always wanted to see Japan in spring. :)

willow said...

Lovely photos Heather, nice to see the girls in their summer dresses. I like the idea of going back to the same place at the same time each year, you will build up a great collection of photos to look back on.

b & b hotels india said...

it all looks so springy! I love your new flowery necklace - very sweet.

Ruth MacC said...

Just love looking at your photos, it's one of the really nice things about your blog. Your child in the image of you!