Tuesday, December 20, 2011

It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Christmas

It feels wonderful to be able to socialize again after staying home for a week or two. I think being with people is putting me more in the Christmas mood!

I've been using my biscotti as gifts. Might as well make something you are familiar with making! We are also making homemade marshmallows again, which are delicious with homemade hot chocolate (or Trader Joe's sipping chocolate).

We had a little gluten-free cookie exchange which was a lot of fun. We tried these cute snowman cookies which I saw on Pinterest.

And I think these chocolate mice are going to become a tradition in our family. They are just too cute not to make. (These did not yet have their eyes.)

And there are the homemade marshmallows....yum, yum!

One book we always read every year is Becky's Christmas by Tasha Tudor. I'm so afraid the library will soon retire the copy I check out and I'll be stuck waiting until the price of the book comes into my price range. Becky's Christmas captures so many of the traditions or philosophy's of Christmas that I enjoyed as a child (handmade gifts, sugar cookies, homemade advent calendars). I think the book has been inspiring to my kids too.

We also discovered Victorian Farm Christmas Special. Have I mentioned Victorian Farm and Edwardian Farm to you? They are BBC productions about what life on a farm would have been like in those periods. We LOVED them. Well, it looks like they made a 3-episode special, returning to the Victorian Farm a year later than the original program. If you have time, watch all three episodes. If you don't have time, watch the third episode.

And, now that it is 9:20p.m. I better head off to the workshop to get in a few hours of sewing.....

2 comments:

Ruth MacC said...

I just love the look of the marshmallows Heather. I hope you and your lovely family have a peaceful Christmas. God bless.

Lovella ♥ said...

OH I love your header photo. I so enjoyed seeing your Christmas treats and your bicotti bags and sighed a bit of your homegoing for Margie and you not feeling well.

I do wish you the merriest of Christmases.