Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Tea Trolley: Tina's Traditional Old English Kitchen

A week or so ago my mom and I got to go out to lunch at a new tearoom in our area: Tina's Traditional Old English Kitchen.

We had a lovely time and highly recommend this tearoom to you! Tina is genuine English (real accent to prove it!) and knows her stuff! She has had many years of experience baking traditional British baked goods (sausage rolls, scones, meat pies, cakes, etc.).



We each ordered a salad and tea. I enjoyed the Coronation Chicken Salad and the Decaf Ginger Peach. Notice the tea cozy! Tina knows the importance of not only good tea but hot tea!


 Tina has her own tea specially blended for the shop. We both loved the 1776 Blend which has a hint of maple in its Ceylon and Assam base.


I am happy to report that Tina has gluten free (and other allergy-free) baked goods! She had about three options to offer me, including this scone.


It was fun to see the British Royals decorating the tearoom.


The baked goods offerings:


I love this tea counter!!!! Wouldn't mind having this in my house!!! See all those gorgeous loose leaf teas on the counter?!


Here's a bit of an overview of the tearoom.


Mom and I highly recommend this tearoom to you! If you are in the area, stop in for a pot of tea! (My advice: order the large pot of tea!)

4 comments:

Silvia M. said...

Looks wonderful!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

The 1776 blend sounds yummy!

elizabeth said...

what a LOVELY tea room!!!! so glad for such a nice time with your Mom! :)

HeatherMavis said...

Ohh, I want a tea room visit for my birthday!