Monday, October 1, 2018

Summer Update

It's time for a quick update!

Summer was beautiful and busy with only 9 weeks of free-time from school! 


We travelled to Oklahoma with all of Michael's other siblings to celebrate and remember together the life of Michael's dad and to celebrate his mom's birthday. It was a wonderful week of family time!


Two weeks later we travelled to Michigan with my side of the family to celebrate my mom's 70th! Talk about a summer filled with extended family time! So thankful for all the wonderful memories!


We also had dear friends visit for a week of adventures that included hiking, kayaking, the State Fair, walking around Zionsville, and visiting the Art Museum.


The most momentous happening of the summer was taking Rachel to college! She is now an official Purdue student and loves it! Engineering is keeping her very busy.


My mom and I taught four nature journaling workshops over the summer. We loved watching everyone get excited about watercolor and recording their nature observations.


I started a new job -- I work for my sister at her floral shop on Mondays. My job is to create market bouquets for Wildwood Market. It's a treat every week to get to work with such beauty and to have a few hours of quiet.


Andrew turned 16 and is a junior this year at Covenant Christian High School. He loves soccer and spent his summer and fall working out/playing with the soccer team.


 James started at Covenant as a freshman. He loves high school and is especially excited that he has art class every day!



 That leaves me with just two children to homeschool this year. Times are changing. It's strange having an "older" family now.


I have been busy on several creative fronts -- one of which is organizing new watercolor workshops for the fall. I'll be doing one on pumpkins and squash, another one on creating a decorated menu for Thanksgiving, and a Christmas Botanical Gift Tag workshop.


I also finally created my own website! Yay! And my website has class sign-up available on it! 


I'll be keeping this blog for family updates but posting my artwork on Instagram (heather.winslow.lefebvre) and (westside.art.workshop) and blogging any nature-related posts and book-related posts over at my website.

I hope you all have a wonderful fall!

2 comments:

Andria said...

What an awesome summer! SO great to read these updates with pictures! Can’t wait to catch up soon.

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

You are remarkable (and your mom does not look like she is 70!). How did I miss your "new" Instagram account? I just followed it...

Purdue Engineering is very demanding. Christopher had to take most of the same math, physics, etc. courses for Computer Science. Both of my kids felt like giving up around their Junior year but both persisted.