Thursday, July 26, 2007

Lavender and Zucchini

Michael came home the other day with this lovely bouquet. He had been visiting a couple connected with our church and the wife had picked these flowers from her garden and arranged them in this vase for me. It was so lovely of her to think of me. I couldn't help but be amazed at the lavender tucked in here and there. My Mom had been on the phone that very morning telling me of her visit to a lavender farm and how much I would love it. And, then here was this lavender in the vase, a little gift from God when I couldn't be at the lavender farm myself. Such beautiful colors in the food we ate on Sunday for lunch -- grilled corn and sauteed zucchini with tomatoes.
I decided to make some zucchini bread for church Sunday evening. We bring snacks for a fellowship time after each evening service. I haven't made zucchini bread in ages, but think back to the many summers as a child that we made batch after batch of this! I pulled out the same recipe (More with Less Cookbook) and made a double batch, with the kids watching. Here is the result of our work. It was such fun to re-live a childhood memory. Somehow, I think the bread tasted better when I was a child, though. :)

2 comments:

Lady of the house said...

A lovely little blog you have! I really enjoyed the pictures and the glimpse into your life.

Anonymous said...

I have the "More with Less" Cookbook, too! I really like it, but my hubby hasn't been too keen on it. He likes meat, red meat and lots of it!