Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A few more Birthday Pictures

Just a few more pictures from the birthday weekend....

The Flower Girl was up early on Saturday to go get roses at the wholesaler downtown. Here's what she arranged as a birthday surprise for me:

For Sunday lunch I cooked up a little roast beef which we enjoyed with mashed potatoes and turnips (my new favorite). Afternoon tea was taken with the children, enjoying a bit of custard (thanks to the pavlova) and tea, on top of my new brown tablecloth!

Monday was the final bit of birthday celebration -- lunch out at a new tearoom nearby. So, for those who have been wondering, here's what Serenity looks like inside:

My lunch consisted of sherried mushroom soup, lobster BLT, a nice little scone, and a wonderful artichoke/vegetable salad:

Now it's time to turn my attention to holiday preparations and Emily's birthday tomorrow.

1 comment:

Heather Anne said...

I love roses with fresh cut greens - so pretty! The vase is quite unique - perfect for the season! I'm glad your birthday was so lovingly celebrated!