Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 Random Things

Since "25 Random Things" is all the rage on Facebook right now, I thought I'd post mine here as well. And, I thought I'd post a random picture, taken from the 25th file and the last photo in that file.
1. I am the first born in my family, the first born of my cousins, the daughter of a first born and the granddaughter of a firstborn, beyond that I don't know.

2. I'm definately a foodie.

3. I first remember my husband from when I was 15 years old and attending a meeting where he spoke on the Psalms for a very LONG time (perhaps an hour and 20 minutes). I remember telling myself this was the kind of man I wanted to marry. Little did I know I would marry him and the psalms would become a subject he writes and speaks about. (I should have known).

4. I seem to own purses that are only green or black.

5. I hear my sister has nick-named me The Boss. That does not sound good. (At least it's not the sister that lives with me....)

6. I confiscate things my mom gives my kids -- like stickers that I decide could be saved for a project at some later date. Sister #2 has been told to find those stickers and return them to the rightful owner.

7. My husband prefers vanilla ice-cream, which is what my Dad preferred and I ate all my growing up years, hoping I would marry a man who liked flavored ice-cream.

8. I was homeschooled and I homeschool my children.

9. I delivered 3 of my children at home without meds (unless you count laughing gas). Baby #4 was delivered in the hospital with an epidural. There's no going back.

10. Pink and Green are my current favorite colors.

11. I have always been a letter-writer.

12. I believe in the sovereignty of God, which boils down to the fact that even apparently random things are used by God to accomplish His will. It's a very comforting doctrine.

13. I never went to college. Sometimes this makes me feel self-conscious. I try to figure out what I would have gone for: nursing? English literature? engineering? Tudor History?

14. I love classical pop music.

15. I like to do a variety of handcrafts but always find myself stumbling for an answer when someone says: "So what's your specialty?"

16. My kids are at the cool ages of 2, 4, 6, 8

17. I have better health at age 31 than I have had for the past 15 years. (With much thanks to God!)

18. I was never athletic.

19. I use the library incessantly and frequently have around 125 books checked out. I feel guilty about placing holds on umpteen books.

20. I love my church family.

21. I am very proud that my husband can make and serve perfect tea.

22. Someday I'm going to take Michael to Uganda, and he's going to take me to Moscow.

23. I have a fear of running out of food and thus keep my pantry and freezer well-stocked. My extended family jokes about this.

24. My husband makes me happy.

25. I have laundry to go attend to. BTW, my favorite household chore is ironing, I don't mind laundry, but I really don't like cleaning bathrooms.

7 comments:

Mrs. E. said...

#9, LOL! If there is a next time for me, I think I'm going that route!
Thanks for sharing. I did this on Facebook last week and think I'll share it on my blog this week. It's always so fun to read what others have to say.
Blessings,
Heather

Unknown said...

Hey -- Em calls you "The Boss" too. It's a good thing. I'm mean, hello, you're are big sis. If you're not happy, we're not happy! =)
Love ya!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

My daughter and I laugh about the "bossy older sister syndrome". She had it, as does my oldest sister (Jean).

Her brother would heartily agree.

I'm the youngest of the youngest of the youngest (before that I don't know). :)

Heather Anne said...

Heather - this was so fun to read! You are so young - 31! I remember 31 ... I think! I wish I loved ironing ... even just a wee bit would be really excellent! I'm glad that you married a plain vanilla kind of guy because obviously, he's a blessing to you! And you can add so many things to vanilla to make it special!

Emma@christmascupboard said...

I love your 25 things...Brilliant...Think I might do one for my blog this week!

willow said...

I enjoyed reading this list - and the photo is great!

Ruth MacC said...

Good idea, blogging it Heather.