Friday, May 1, 2009

Sunday Dinner

We had no company for lunch this past Sunday. Sometimes, on these occassions, I don't feel much like cooking a big meal even though I do feel like eating a big meal. :) Despite my feelings, I forged ahead and I think we were all glad for a nice meal.

With nothing to lose, I asked Andrew if he would come up with a centerpiece for the table. He was very happy to be asked. He even inquired where he could find a fancy piece of cloth for the center of the table. :) Looking in the appropriate drawer he pulled out a piece of crewel work I had done as a child and never made into anything. :) He liked it because it reminded him of the picture on the front of his stamp album. :)

Andrew found a flower for the center and candles too.

He also asked if he could put out some placemats and chose the spring flowered napkins. Very sweet job!

For lunch we had pork loin slices cooked in the frying pan with plenty of onions on top, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes and roasted green beans.
(BTW -- I've been using leftover mashed sweet potatoes to make sweet potato biscuits. I'll have to post the recipe soon. They are fantastic)


Rachel made an apple crumble with almond flour and it was a nice way to end our meal.

We are still having rainy weather here in the Midwest. Our plans for the weekend include progress on our garden, soccer games, company, and a trip downtown to view some friends' artwork.
David is improving and no longer has a fever!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I love the center piece, very adorable. :)

willow said...

Hello Heather, Thanks for taking the time to reply to my comment about houses - its odd isn't it, the differences between countries, presumably Uganda was completely different again.
I enjoyed looking at your wild flowers, again similar but different to the flowers here. The weather is lovely here and there are more flowers in bloom every day, I love this time of year.