Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Food

Around here, food is an important part of the holiday. We began Christmas with brunch: fruit salad with lime zest, Alaina's spinach-egg casserole, cardamon bread, greek yogurt, and a beautiful candy-cane tea ring.

Cardamon Bread is something my mom started making about 15 years ago. It is so good, and fragrant with the scent of cardamon.

Isn't this gorgeous?! It was a gift and we all thoroughly enjoyed it!

Spiced cider punch (non-alchoholic) was set in the front room:

Mom brought a beautiful, festive veggie tray for appetizers:

The brunch table transformed into appetizer table:

One star of the Christmas dinner table was this fennel gratin. AMAZING! I'm sure the recipe will appear on TCND sometime in the next year.

Plenty of dessert options including the flaming Christmas pudding:

Christmas cookies are so pretty!

And those were the food highlights of the holiday. And now, I need to go order some more library cookbooks and then get into the kitchen and cook something up for dinner!

3 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

It all looks wonderful. Looking forward to the fennel recipe on the recipe blog.

I didn't start using cardamom until I had it in chai and realized how much I loved it.

This year, I added it with the spices I put in the Thanksgiving pumpkin pie.

Heather Anne said...

Yummy yummy yummy - I think I just gained a pound or two! I have a counter full of library books - all new recipes to try! The 'Not your mother's ...' series and Southern Living's Comfort Foods and Weeknight Favorites seems to be yielding the most recipes for our simple tastes.

Lovella ♥ said...

It's a couple hours past dinner and my tummy growled and my mouth watered. ..it looks so yummy.