Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Celebrations Begin

It was a busy week as our family celebrations began! Working at the flower shop provides a quiet beginning to my week with beauty to focus on.


We had friends over to play in the creek that runs near our house. I find it so relaxing to escape to the woods and the running water.


I've started two days at the shop now -- Monday and Thursday. Beauty refresher midweek! Sounds like a good plan!


When I'm not working at the shop I'm working on developing nature journaling courses and part of that involves figuring out an indoor filming place. I'm making progress!


We had a church fellowship event this past week! Maybe our first since the pandemic? It was a chalk drawing night in the parking lot complete with popsicles!


David's toad (frog?) won a prize!


Drew painted the shutters for us! I've been wanting them to be painted for several years now and it makes me so happy to have them match the front door again!


I stopped by a friend's to see her amazing Hummingbird nest! What a treat for her family to have hummingbirds nesting right outside her patio!


James is playing a lot of tennis this summer in prep for the school season. I drove him to his first tennis matches and mentally prepared for a few more months of this!


We had a beautiful foggy morning this week and on one of my early walks with neighbors I captured this beautiful scene:


Laura is reading the Cherry Ames series and it takes me right back to being her age. I loved the Cherry Ames books (about a girl who studies nursing in college and goes on to have quite a glamorous career at a number of nursing jobs).


Drew went to prom. Yes, they had prom! I'm not sure it was quite what it usually is, but this year I made sure I was in on the pictures.


And got one with him too!


In the midst of life we took time to celebrate our 21st anniversary with a picnic.


Drew's graduation open house was Saturday at a nearby park. It was a great day and we so enjoyed visiting with all his guests.


I made some flowers for the food table.


We made all our food individually packaged: veggies and dip, fruit salad, and salami, olive, tomato, and mozzarella bites. Shaved ice for dessert!


Sunday we celebrated the birthdays of both of our moms! We had peach or blueberry pie for dessert. Yum!


And we ended the week with a beautiful rainbow out back and a peaceful light over the garden.


 And now we are headed into another week of graduation and birthday celebrations.

1 comment:

Shirley in Washington said...

Sounds like lots of fun celebrations! And your flowers phots are so beautiful. Enjoy all the time you have with your family. Blessings, Shirley