Monday, February 15, 2010

Mouse Love

My mother likes to remind me that I was one of those all-or-nothing children that could never stop with just a handful of flowers but wanted to go on until the whole field was picked. :) Sigh. I'm still like that.

So, when I discovered how fun it was to make cashmere mice, I couldn't just make one. I had to make 15. But, they were so easy, and the kids enjoyed making some with me, and then I decided my sister needed one and then I needed 10 for valentine decorations and favors. It was worth the time spent, I had so much fun.

I found the pattern here, and made my own adjustments with the tail and ears. I think I added whiskers too.

They made the cutest little table decorations:

And I had enough pink leather from a felted sweater to make all the tails. Just perfect!

We had so much fun at our valentine Sunday lunch. I'll post more about it soon....

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love the little mice. Actually, everything you make is pretty! Great job. I really enjoy reading your blog.

Heather Anne said...

Dreamer loves to make felted wool mice from my bits and scraps - so much fun! She taught me how in December and it is quite addictive! Are you going to dress your new little girl in mice or have you been making something cute for her too? We want to see all of your pretties for your newest blessing on the way!!!