Thursday, December 13, 2012

December 13


I did sleep in again today! And we completed our 90th day of the 180 required days of school. I think we shall take a break until January! Baked potatoes and cottage cheese for lunch and then we finally had our regular quiet time of 1-2 p.m. After that desk work called, including renewing my expired driver's license. There was plenty of laundry to fold, and then letters to get in the mail. By that time I needed to get dressed for my exciting evening out! Michael, as a surprise for my birthday, managed to get ahold of two free tickets to a preview screening of the first hour of Downton Abbey Season 3 at the Indianapolis Repertory Theatre -- period dress was encouraged! Michael wins BIG points for this one! I don't think he could have come up with a more creative or special idea for my birthday -- even more special because he does not care for Downton Abbey himself. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Downton Abbey is one of my favorite shows. My cousin, Helen, lives in Scotland, and she says Season 3 is the best season yet. I'm looking forward to January 6.

southseaislandhome said...

Wow - very cool! Even before I read what you had written I saw your photo and thought you looked very 'Lady Mary'. How fun! we have just finished Season 3. I didn't like it as much. I thought the ending was weak - I was going to blog about my own alternative ending, (so you better not read that posting). Still a good entertaining show though, and the clothes are worth watching it for, anyway! Looking forward to season 4 now!!

Alaina Falk said...

That is a super cool gift! Was it wonderful?! You look amazing!

Anonymous said...

You both look fantastic! I hope you had a wonderful evening.

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh so sweet...I love how you both look...
I'm finally catching up on your posts...and enjoying your day to day report.