Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Spring


Yay for Spring! It's finally here, according to the calendar. We always have a Spring Tea on the first day of spring. It's a tradition I started the year we got married. Tradition states that we must have strawberries. However, they were too expensive this week and I can't get to the store today. I do have frozen strawberries, so I'm going to have to get creative. I'm tempted to forget the Spring Tea with everything going on today -- school, cleaning, company -- but Rachel reminded me of the tea and the strawberries so I'll need to produce! :)

I hope you all have a lovely day! The sun is shining here despite the cooler weather.

(PS: the picture is from last year -- we're not yet this advanced)

3 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Happy Spring to you and your tea company. I made a strawberry custard yesterday chilling in the fridge waiting for a dollop of whipping cream to mix it with before filling a cake. .
Your daffodil picture is perfect.

Ruth MacC said...

Ahh, Spring! You know it used to be my least time of the year, then God saved me and changed my whole way of thinking, even about Spring!

The weather over here in Ireland has been beautifuland sunny/hazy but still cold. However, we almost always get great weather in APril and that's only a week away :0)

Heather Anne said...

Happy Spring to you! I love the idea of a tea! We chose to have a 'professional development day' - meaning, I had a huge list of things that needed to be taken care of and the day developed without even a hint of schoolwork - and not a single complaint was heard!