Saturday, March 21, 2009

We did it!

Despite our busy day, we managed to sit down for our annual Spring Tea!


We used the traditional spring tablecloth, with the flowers of spring embroidered around the edge:


And we drank from our Easter egg colored cups:

We turned the scones and the frozen berries into strawberry shortcake.

(Except for those who had to finish their lunch for snack)
And I had lots of sweet company:


And one participant who showed up an hour later for some leftovers:



And now I'm off to help Christina teach a group of 15 ladies to knit! I'm sure I'll have some pictures for you next week.

4 comments:

jennie said...

Looks sooo yummy! I want some. So glad you all got to take time to do this.

Heather Anne said...

Good for you - looks yummy! We love strawberry shortcake too ... but all those pounds and pounds of berries we froze last summer are but a distant memory ... I'm even rationing the peaches! We still have plenty of jam, but only one jar of strawberry left! It's a favorite!

Ruth MacC said...

Well done. It would hav been a pity to break such a nice tradition. It all looks lovely. Had to laugh at the child who had to finish his dinner, I know that one all too well!

I have some stamps here Heather. Will you email me your address and I will be happy to post them over?

Karen Reyburn said...

isn't it funny that the tea is such a strange colour in the photos? Just doesn't look as appetising, even tho I'm sure it was amazing!