Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Like Great-Grandfather, Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son

This past Christmas Andrew received a proper stamp-collecting album. He was so excited and ever since has been working hard to organize his stamps.

Andrew has a little work station in Michael's office and this is where he sorts and files his stamps.

Michael brought his stamp collection with him when we married and several times he got it out to show me or spend a bit of time sorting. He always told me that someday he'd have a son that he would be able to share this hobby with.

It all started with Michael's Grandpa and then Michael's Dad, who got Michael interested. Now Andrew has the bug.


Michael's taught Andrew how to soak stamps off of envelopes and dry them off.

And then to find just the right spot to place them in the stamp album.


And sometimes when I'm looking for Michael and can't find him I happen to notice him standing silently over the stamp album, placing one or two stamps himself.

4 comments:

Carla said...

Ah ha -- I'll have to bring my stamp albums to the next get together. Imagine, someone else who will like looking at them. Hmm....

southseaislandhome said...

What sort of stamps, Heather? Would he like some New Zealand ones?
Rachel

Ruth MacC said...

I can send him some Irish stamps if you like?

Anonymous said...

My grandfather collects stamps, he taught my mum, and me, I haven't done it properly for years though! Quite sad to have lost that knowledge...