Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bits and Pieces

It's taken me all summer to finally make a plate of tomatoes, basil and mozzarella -- my favorite. But, now I've done it and maybe I'll do it again. The basil has done very well in my garden this year.

Life is pretty hectic around here. School just adds a lot more to each day and so far we haven't removed from our schedule any social activities, housework or cooking, not to mention fun things like crafts. I'm hoping I figure out a good pace before too long and that the house won't be torn to bits forever.
Baby John is doing very well and everyone is home from the hospital. Christina sounded terrific on the phone tonight. A few pints of blood, a lot of sleep, and being home must be doing wonders for her. And apparently Baby John is a very good baby!!!!
I've taken the kids to the pool the last two days. We haven't used it as much this summer with the strange weather we've had and then being busy with other things. One week left and I feel we should make some use of it.
I've been reading Gone With The Wind for weeks now (it's around 1200 pages). I'm nearing the end, and am anxious to move onto some more books. Not to say the book hasn't kept me spellbound and eager for any spare moment to read. It just goes on and on and on. Next up is watching the movie.......which I'm told also goes on and on. :)
Tomorrow we'll have 2 weeks of school under our belts! We're off to Grand Rapids for the weekend and then have a 7th birthday to celebrate on Monday.

2 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Would you believe I didn't care for the movie when I first saw it? Probably the only person I know who thought it was so-so.

That's because I'd read the book and the movie didn't seem at all like what I had imagined the characters to be like. :)

Ruth MacC said...

Grand rapids? Looking forwards to the photos:0)