Monday, December 6, 2010

Here Comes Susie Snowflake

The kids have been singing "Here Comes Susie Snowflake" and now I have it stuck in my head! We had more snow over the weekend. The perfect backdrop to holiday festivities such as a friend's bridal shower and 50% off day at Goodwill (!!!). When I arrived home, this is what greeted me:

Earlier in the morning Rachel made a girl version:

I'm working on decorating, but haven't quite finished. I'm not overly inspired, but am very content just to decorate a little.

Laura is not doing well with her feedings. She HATES this nasty special formula she is on and doesn't want the bottle. The NG seems to make her gag and throw up. We're hoping for some help from the doctor and also praying for patience and perseverance.

2 comments:

tammy said...

cute snowmen/snowlady.

i'm praying daily for you guys still! i hope laura can get some yummy food soon!

Felicia Lauer said...

Heather-
I'm sorry I didn't write sooner, I have been meaning to. I want you to know that we have been praying for Laura continuously since her surgery(I am receiving the updates via Mark Melton), and I wish I could be there to do something more concrete for you- or get together and do some holiday cooking now that she is at home! Shortly after the surgery I wrote Michael an email, which I hope he got so that you knew we were praying- of course I know things were so crazy I didn't expect an answer, but I just wasn't sure if he received it. Anyway, I hope you all are doing well. Things are going well out here in the great Northwest and Stephen's seminary studies are great! I continue to struggle with my health some, but I have actually seen some improvements both in energy levels and in my back since we got here. Speaking of which, I am so sad to hear you have been diagnosed with Grave's, and we are praying for you about that too. I have been enjoying reading both this blog and your cooking one, and I hope(if you have a spare minute!) you will stop in at my blog, where I have made many changes and added lots of great recipes!
I'm so sorry to hear that Laura is struggling again with her feedings. We will pray that she will be restored to good eating habits and eat her yumyums properly! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas season full of God's blessings and improvements for Laura!
your sister in Christ,
Felicia Lauer