Friday, March 29, 2013

The Tea Trolley

This week in tea started out with a bang as I headed to Christina's house for a bridal shower for a friend. Christina decided on a tearoom theme and had turned her house into a most elegant tearoom! Don't you love it!!!!


 There were sandwiches and scones and chocolate strawberries and vanilla cupcakes and chocolate cupcakes and lots and lots of tea!


There were four at each table and we all had our own delicious tea set before us -- just as if we were at the Ritz!


Alas, the shower ended and we all had to head back to real life. 

Here is the plate I put together for this afternoon's company. There were strawberries, smoked almonds, coconut oil lime candies and coconut cream lemon bombs.


Here is a picture of what I call one of my "restorative teas". It's my goal to have at least one of these a week -- a few minutes to make tea for myself, sit down, and try to relax a bit. As you can tell, Laura joined me for this one.


Bit by bit I got the hutch changed over for spring and summer! Yay! I love all the pastel teacups lined up in rows! 


 Tomorrow is Michael's birthday and preparation day for Easter. Plenty of baking on the agenda and hopefully a chance for a little cup of tea here and there. I hope you all have a special weekend!

If you want to link to any post you have created during the week that includes anything about tea or coffee or other hot drinks just link up with Mr. Linky below!

The Tea Trolley Link Up:
-- Any post that is tea, coffee, or hot drink related
-- Link to this blog
-- Paste your link in the Mr. Linky below

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh my goodness, how could you post a phrase like "coconut oil lime candies and coconut cream lemon bombs" and not include recipes!?!?!?!?! :)

Ann Kroeker said...

Fabulous! What a beautiful event!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog !!! And love all this tea stuff it is all so pretty !!!

Anonymous said...

Your friend's tearoom rivals the Willows Tea Room! Beautiful. How could you bring yourself to tuck in?!

And I agree with Catherine that a casual mention of coconut cream lemon bombs is too tantalising!

I hope you've had a lovely Easter, and that Michael enjoyed his birthday.