Friday, April 11, 2008

Tea for 24

Wednesday evening a friend and I hosted a shower for Shannon, who is getting married in just a few weeks! My mom came over Wednesday this week, and we set to work on the preprations.

First there was the homemade lemon curd, which was so wonderful! It brought back lots of memories, and made me promise myself to make this before another 5 years passes.




Then came the scones: cranberry orange scones, lemon currant scones, and orange wholewheat scones:
Emily came home the night before with flowers and Mom set to work to put something together:



Voila! The next time I came in the kitchen, here they were!


I do think tulips are such an artistic flower! All you have to do is stick them in a vase and they arrange themselves!



Now for setting the table. Here are some of the finished scones:

My friend, Anne, arrived with the rest of the food -- a tower of fruit and an incredible chocolate cake:
We had raspberry jam, lemon curd, and "clotted" cream with the scones:



Shortly after 7, the living room was buzzing with conversation.


After our little "program" it was time to have tea! (I also baked some brie in the oven with various toppings: rasberry/gooseberry, peach chutney, and brown sugar pecan)

Everyone got to choose a teacup and either Irish Breakfast, Earl Grey, Vanilla Black, or Peach Herbal tea.And here is the Bride during the "interview" part of the program:
Everyone enjoying the lovely food!
And more flowers -- they were so pretty!


And, you may ask, what were my bunnies up to while we were having the tea party? Michael took them out to dinner at Fazoli's (I don't think they've ever been there before). They LOVED it and had such a good time! Then they went to the library for a chance to read and play on the computers.

And now it is all a happy memory.

6 comments:

Darcy said...

It was fun to check in on your corner of the world this morning and see the tea party preparations!

Tomorrow, I am doing a tea party for my daughters birthday party! There will be 15 little girls ranging in age from 4-11. Today comes all the prep work of making the scones, cleaning veggies, frosting cupcakes, etc. I'm looking forward to it!

Monica said...

Beautiful!! Everything looks so delicious. So wished I could have come. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

Amy K said...

It was a lovely party! Everything was beautiful, delicious, and perfect. :) I would love for you to e-mail me your lemon curd recipe and the "clotted" cream--I know you have a secret and it's not really clotted but it's SO yummy. Thanks!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

That is beautiful!

I found myself taking mental notes to do at my next tea party.

Heather Anne said...

Oh Heather - your pictures are inspiring! Just beautiful - and I can almost taste those scones! MMmmmmm! I am planning an open house for some friend who are moving - it is two weeks from tonight ... mind if I borrow some of your ideas ?????

Lovella ♥ said...

oh so lovely .. .heather, you did just a beautiful job.
You know what struck me, was that could be next door, bridal showers are the same all over North America. . it looked very welcoming and homey.

homemade lemon curd. . oh yeah, I put it on my lemon poppyseed cheesecake all the time. Delicious.