Saturday, December 5, 2009

Quick Review

Lots has been happening in the past few weeks. I could fill many posts with pictures but thought I'd just choose a few.

Rachel and my mom joined me for the ultrasound on Tuesday where we found out we're having a GIRL!!!! We went out for a cup of coffee afterwards to celebrate:

While in Oklahoma last week the children and I got to meet Michael's maternal grandmother for the first time. We were so happy we could finally see her in person:

The children had so much fun being at Grandpa and Grandma's. They didn't want to leave and wondered if we could go back for Christmas.

Michael's brother took a lovely photo of the 2/3 of the family that were present for Thanksgiving. Such a great picture! If only we had the other two families pictured too!

Thanksgiving brought lots of delicious food and plenty of people to visit with:

It was fun for the kids to have 3 of their 6 cousins on the L-side of the family present:

We celebrated Rachel's 9th birthday the weekend before we left for OK. On Saturday she and I headed up to the Knit Shop to let her pick out some yarn.

And on Sunday there was cake:

Two days before Rachel's birthday we attended the International Festival in Indianapolis. It was great fun -- visiting booths from many, many different countries. Here is our friend Alex, who is of Lithuanian descent. The kids and I enjoyed a bit of Chinese food and some German Chocolate cake. I think we'll try to go next year.
And now it's time to be up and off to Goodwill and a special lunch date with my mom and sisters to celebrate the December birthdays. Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

A girl! How wonderful. :)

Boys are nice but won't it be great to have a baby girl?

Monica said...

That is a great family picture! I'm glad you were able to go and had such a great time. Have fun today!

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh thank you for the peek into your life once again.
I think it is so wonderful that you shared your ultrasound with your daughter and mom ..that is amazing.
You look wonderful by the way.

Ruth MacC said...

Sean's swimming teacher is from Lithuania:o)

Just a small thing!

Glad your son will like the stamps and book. The book has been sitting in our home for ages, such a waste. If I find any nice Christmas stamps I'll send them over.

Congrats on your baby girl!!! God is so good.I agree with what Lovella says about sharing your ultrasound with your daughter and mum...

Karen Winslow said...

Yeah!!!!! I hadn't checked on your blog for a while, and I just found this post!!! Yippee!!!! A girl!! I am so happy for you!!! <3