Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Read for the Heart

I just finished Read for the Heart by Sarah Clarkson and want to recommend it to anyone looking for a good list of books for children and youth. Sarah is the daughter of Sally Clarkson, whose books I have really benefited from. Sarah grew up in a family deeply immersed in good literature and she shares that passion with her readers.

Sarah has arranged the book into several sections:
Picture Books
The Golden Age Classics
Children's Fiction
Fairy Tales and Fantasy
History and Biography
Spiritual Reading for Children
Poetry
Music, Art, and Nature

A short synopsis is given of each book or author/illustrator.

I've just made a long list for the upcoming school year and hope that my library will have most of them!

2 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I smiled when I saw this because I'm writing a review soon.

By the way, if you are interested in my copy the Clarkson's sent me to review, send me your address at the CTB&Me e-mail address.

Stephanie has a copy and I'd love to see someone with kids get this one.

Esther said...

Thanks Heather! I will check this out. I really like Honey for a Child's Heart, which seems similar.

Esther H.