Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Latest Scarf

This past weekend I finished a scarf I started in December after reading this post on Steamy Kitchen. I am so pleased with how the scarf turned out!!!

The pattern is Bernet's Knit Neckwarmer with Flower and can be downloaded free on the Steamy Kitchen blog post.

I used yarn I had recycled from a Goodwill sweater -- I think it was a Gap and it's cotton. The yarn gave the scarf a lot of structure, I almost thought too much, but now that I've worn it I think it's perfect.

I opted not to knit the matching flower but to leave my options open -- it looks terrific with a brooch pinned on, or one of my felted flowers, and this way I can change flower colors with what I'm wearing.

9 comments:

southseaislandhome said...

It looks lovely on you, Heather. You are so clever with your knitting.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

Reginas Cottage said...

dear heather,
your scarf looks lovely!!!
great idea!
here we have sunny but cold days.
have a wonderful day,
regina

Lovella ♥ said...

Sweet. ..it reminds me of one my mom used to wear .. but yours is an updated and better color choice.

SteamyKitchen said...

It's beautiful! Love the colors...

harmony and rosie said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving your lovely comment on my red dress. I think your scarf is beautiful, I love the colour and you look amazing in it.

I get my name labels printing in the UK but if you're still interested the link is http://www.jjcash.co.uk/

Kate x

Stephanie said...

Scarf looks great! I think swapping your felted flowers (or something else) to coordinate with your outfit is a great idea.

Heather Anne said...

Very cute and just the right size! I like the idea of making it versatile with broaches and felted flowers to draw in color! Isn't it amazing how just a wee bit of warmth around your neck can cozy up your whole person? I'm having such a struggle to keep warm - scarves are a blessing!

Michelle said...

You forgot to mention the two sweaters you knitted for Laura during the same weekend! Hope you post those as well.

I love your talent! It's beautiful!