Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Nightstand

This is how I would love for my nightstand to look 365 days of the year: dejunked, peaceful, with beautiful smelling flowers to brighten my life always sitting there.

The reality: this is what my nightstand normally looks like.

I have struggled with this for a long time because I do so much better when my things are organized and decluttered. But, I've just about given up on the nightstand. Reading is one of my most favorite ways to relax and enjoy life and having the books that I am currently reading very close to me is important. And I have decided that is okay.

And, on the odd chance that I have flowers, then I will just shove the books to the floor and deal with the heap by my bed instead. To me, books are my luxury to indulge in......

7 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

My coffee table in the family room is where there are stacks of books in the process of being read.

Fortunately, anyone who would come to visit know how I am about books.

Anonymous said...

How about a big basket on the floor next to your bed in which to keep the books?

DawnC said...

I agree with you. One of my fav things to do is read in bed. I solved the problem of clutter too. I replaced my bedside table with a huge antique trunk!! Ha Ha. Now I have room for a large lamp, fav framed photos, alarm clock, and as many books as I want to keep there.

Reneelynn said...

I also have a painted wooden box next to my bed for books and magazines.

willow said...

I would love flowers too but then my husband would spend the whole night sneezing!

Heather Anne said...

I'm with you Heather - books, books and more BOOKS!

Marissa M. said...

Love the stack of books, any good ones you recommend?

Also Love the idea brought up by Dawn.. A TRUNK!!! perfect... {going on the hunt :) }