Friday, May 10, 2013

The Tea Trolley

The tea trolley has had a strangely quiet life this past week. There were the usual pots for Sunday afternoon, Bible study, and a pot I made for a long phone conversation with a friend. And of course there were the usual cups all throughout each day. But, as of yet, there has been nothing out of the ordinary to report. Perhaps that is nice.

I have been trying to enjoy my lovely lilac bush while it is in bloom. The scent of the blooms takes me immediately back to a childhood home and the hours my sister and I spent playing inside the large bush and in the grass with our dolls under its branches. The next time I buy perfume, I think it will have to be lilac.


There was an al fresco meal this week when just two children were home. It was an interesting experience to enjoy dinner as a foursome.


And finally there was a break for a few minutes one afternoon -- enough time for a cup of green tea and a light snack along with a book to peruse.


The weekend promises plenty of tea, including a special tea for mother's day! I'll tell you all about it next week!

The Tea Trolley Link Up:
-- Any post that is tea, coffee, or hot drink related
-- Link to this blog
-- Paste your link in the Mr. Linky below

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh lilac! The lilac "blooms" in Aberdeen are about the size of my thumbnail still, so lots to look forward to in June. I adore the smell of lilac, and I've often wished they bottled it. If you really do find a lilac perfume, please let me know!

Unknown said...

Lilacs!! :D

I would love for you to share the HOW TO's of making a really good pot of tea...how long do you seep, how many tea bags, you simmer the water in some other than your actual tea pot, right?, what are your favorite additions - honey? cream? etc! :) I know this is lame. But please help! For some reason, making a good pot of tea seems HARD to me, like a homemade pie crust or something. :) Pretty please? :)

Amy

southseaislandhome said...

Heather, seeing that book reminds me that I've been meaning to email and tell you about a little book I got for my parents when they went to England a few years ago and were visiting the Lakes District. It's called Walking with Beatrix Potter: Fifteen Walks in Beatrix Potter Country by Norman and June Buckley (it's on amazon). They loved it. Mum said they would never have known about the little country walks otherwise (all free) and it was her favourite part about her entire trip. The book also has interesting little anecdotes from the area (history etc). Thought you might be interested if you're going up that way.

Jessica said...

I second Amy's comment! Most of my drinks have been of the cool and green variety this week (got a juicer!) but earl grey while planting seeds was nice. Of course, I always forget to take pictures! I can't wait for the lilacs to finally pop.