Friday, May 17, 2013

The Tea Trolley

This week there was plenty on the tea-time agenda! One morning I attended a talk by a British woman who now lives in my town. She told about her own childhood in a tiny little English village and then launched into interesting bits about the history of tea in the western world. It was very enjoyable and we all got to try some of her homemade scones, conserves, and tea loaf. She also provided good English breakfast tea.


 I also met up for lunch and tea with my Lithuanian Knitting Club friends this week. We sat outside and enjoyed the scent of blooming lilacs.


As we were celebrating a birthday, there were presents. Check out this massive tin of Ceylon tea that was received by our hostess! I think I'm going to have to go get my own tin and try this!!!


At these gatherings we always get to enjoy Lithuanian rye bread and farmer's cheese. It is so delicious. A new thing to try this time was Lithuania's favorite soda. I was told it would taste like rye bread soaked in sugar water with fizz. Exactly! It actually paired nicely with the food on my plate!


And we had to have cake for the birthday lady!


And then there was our Mother's Day tea! I did manage to get a decent picture of the kids and myself!!!


There were 15 around the table at lunch and we made the middle stack of goodies completely gluten free!


We had four different teas going on the table (plus coffee for those who just can't tolerate much tea).


 By the time everyone had passed out flowers to everyone else the table looked like a garden!

Today is our very last day of school! We will have a full morning and then do something celebratory this afternoon before heading to the End of Year Program with our homeschool group! It has been a very full week! I'm looking forward to a few relaxing pots of tea this weekend!

The Tea Trolley Link Up:
-- Any post that is tea, coffee, or hot drink related
-- Link to this blog
-- Paste your link in the Mr. Linky below

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Such a beautiful family! All the fun tea adventures you have been on this week, so fun. I am on a gluten free kick right now for the month of May. I am interested to see what happens when I try it again.

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Love the colors of that tea cozy. It is whimsical while still being stylish. :)