Monday, October 8, 2007

Where is Fall?

Everyone is wondering what has happened to Fall, here in the Midwest. (This picture is from last year.) We've had temperatures in the mid to upper 80's for nearly a week. Rumor has it that cooler weather will be arriving at the end of the week. I just am lamenting the fact that as soon as we can turn the air off and open the windows, we'll have to close them to keep the heat in.

I'm not sure anything very exciting happened here over the weekend. We did get a surprise call from my Mom on Saturday wondering if we could use some help. Her boss told her she could leave 3 hours early from work. I had been praying all week that God would send someone to do the ironing. Michael had no trousers or short sleeve shirts left by Saturday, but I was still praying. I was so thankful for Mom's unexpected call and for all the ironing she did.

Baby Cakes is growing up and becoming more willful. He's figured out how to scream when his siblings annoy him. He has ceased to be that sweet little thing that smiled all day long. (He still smiles and does very cute things, but he also can scream now.) Today he insisted on sitting on my lap, or on the book, or on Andrew while we tried to do school. He says, "Uppum."

I suppose those are all the ramblings for now. I haven't taken many pictures recently.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

i like the updated look : ) eliot has been learning to use his voice in different ways too.. more along the lines of animal noises and other gutteral throat sounds. he is still a lovey and i am soaking it up for as long as it lasts! ill be posting b-day pictures soon..