Monday, February 4, 2008

Catching Up

It seems I have nearly a week of photos to catch up on. Friday we decided to have a "Snowman Day". Each of the older children wrote a story about a snowman, which was copied into a proper book, and illustrated.

For lunch we had snowman pancakes, which were really fun.

James, the picky eater, had to finally be told to stop eating pancakes. :)

After cozy, snowmen rest times, the kids had snacks of snowmen pieces. They ended the day with snowmen heads (icecream with smarties (M&Ms) for eyes and nose). It was a fun day!

Saturday I cracked an egg into my bowl and was delightfully surprised to see this! I can't remember the last time I've had a double. I thought it was so cute. :) I suppose it's not too surprising as this was from the free-range eggs we get locally.

Rachel had fun making a molasses cake on Saturday. Do they say the messier, the more fun was had?
Last week Rachel and I went to her Rosebuds group (a local group of Mothers and Daughters that get together to learn various homemaking skills). This month we learned to make biscotti.


The results were attractive and delicious!


And now we are off into another week already. February has arrived!

5 comments:

Heather Anne said...

How fun - you are just sooooooooooo creative! I'll keep these ideas in mind when we finish our 'snow' unit! We miss real 'smarties' - m&m's just won't do for our kiddos, so Mum sends them down once in a while! When you eat your Smarties do you eat the red ones last? We don't!

Jennie said...

Sounds like so much fun. I am so glad that you are able to do these things again! The snowman pancakes were too cute. Somehow I don't think they would work with almond batter. Too bad my kids would love them.

Lovella ♥ said...

Heather, I was delighted to see your photo on your profile.
I'm always so happy to put a face to a name.
It looks like your kids had the best time with the pancakes and the baking and oh the smell of that molasses cake must have been wonderful.

Monica said...

So sorry we missed the Biscotti. They look great!

Thanks for the spaghetti pies. We're about ready to eat them and they smell yummy:)

Natalie said...

Thanks for stopping by Politics for Moms and leaving a comment! I hope you'll join our discussion often.

Natalie