Friday, April 12, 2013

The Tea Trolley

Here are two tea buddies enjoying some morning tea together. The kids really appreciate it when I make a pot of tea and bring it up for drinking while we are reading history together. Maybe I should make it into a habit. I am always looking for ways to better nurture them and little things like this do make a difference.


I finally broke open this adorable jar of "tea honey" a friend brought me from the south. It's perfect for setting out on the trolley and maybe once it is empty I will just refill it with regular honey.


Saturday we had friends from afar stop in for afternoon tea on their way someplace else. I was so thankful that I still had a few things in the depths of my freezer -- gluten free mince pies from Christmas, scones from the last shower, and cranberry orange eggs from Easter. Thus we were able to spoil ourselves with a lovely afternoon tea, reminiscent of times in Scotland which both we and our friends have enjoyed, though at separate times.


A little trolley diversion here, I must share this photo of the venison stew I made yesterday. I think it is the most delicious thing I have made in such a long time, and certainly is the most delicious venison I have ever had! No doubt this is not due to my cooking but probably mostly due to the fact that this deer must have been butchered properly. I used Emeril's Venison Stew recipe and I think I might just try this for a beef stew recipe next time I need one. 


And here is the tea from Bible study yesterday. When we get together there are at least three nationalities present, many times four. I love how varied and interesting the food becomes. Yesterday we were mostly enjoying Philipino treats such as the purple rice cake, creamy fruit salad, and caramelized bananas. 


And now I must get to work planning the weekend and finding the necessary recipes for Sunday's lunch.

If you want to link to any post you have created during the week that includes anything about tea or coffee or other hot drinks just link up with Mr. Linky below!

The Tea Trolley Link Up:
-- Any post that is tea, coffee, or hot drink related
-- Link to this blog
-- Paste your link in the Mr. Linky below


1 comment:

Heather Anne said...

I love your sweet tea buddies! So fun! You are building such great memories into your homeschool days ... and I think tea and history just go hand in hand!