Wednesday, July 9, 2008

One Year

Today is the one year anniversary of the beginnings of Blackberry Rambles.


I had no idea just where blogging would take me when I began, but I have to say it's been a wonderful adventure and a very real blessing.

It all began last year with a blog called "Eyes of Wonder" written by a lovely lady named Jewels. I was so inspired by her blog that I began one of my own. Jewels is no longer writing, but several of the blogs I found through hers are still ones I read daily:

A Little Bunny
Coffee Tea Books And Me
Contemplating Change

And of course I found more blogs through those blogs. :) As the year went on my mom and sister even started a blog!

When I began this blog, I had no idea that my health was going to go even farther down hill and leave me bedridden for three months and house-ridden beyond that. Once I was well enough to be on the computer, it became my only connection with the outside world and my friends. Blogging was definately a gift from God at just the right time in my life. Nearly all of my friends at church write blogs too, and so I was able to keep up with them even though I wasn't seeing them in person.

I would never have believed that my health would recover to the point I am now, and yet I still find the blogging world a wonderful place of inspiration, friendship, and encouragement even though I can now go out of the house.

Thank you to all of you that share your blogs with me, and for the encouragement you have been in the past year. And thanks to all my readers for your lovely comments and inspiration.


PS: I did post the Roasted Veg Summer Pasta recipe for those that were asking.

8 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Isn't it amazing how fast that year can go by?

I'm glad you started blogging and that you have kept up with it. :)

The best thing about blogging is finding so many people "out there" who understand.

Catherine said...

Happy Blogging anniversary!

SueJ said...

Happy blogversary!

Lovella ♥ said...

Happy Blogging Anniversary. I am so glad that it has been a blessing for you and that you have felt more well recently. . .

Heather Anne said...

Heather - you certainly have been a blessing to me, so I am glad you are blogging too! We might not have found each other until we got to the tea room in heaven - there is going to be tea room, don't you think? Well, I won't add to Scripture, but I'm glad to know you! Congratulations, and I am so glad to know you, just a little bit!

Jessica said...

I am so glad to have 'met' you through this medium. I have enjoyed watching you and your kids grow and change. It is a nice public diary isn't it? I read you everyday too! I only wish we lived closer and could be friends in person.

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogging Anniversary!

I am not sure how I found your blog, but I know it was back when you first started. I followed your health issues and prayed for your recovery. To read your blog now and how far you have come with feeling better is so wondeful!

I enjoy all the pictures of your crafts, foods and your family. I lost your Mom's blog when I lost all my favorite places. her paintings are breath taking.

Congratulations again on your anniversary..but more than, praise God for your renewed strength!

Blessings, Patty

Amy K said...

Those are great thoughts on why blogging is such a great outlet. Honestly, yours is one of my favorites!!

I'll have to check out your links--I don't think I've read those blogs. :)