Saturday, June 30, 2012

Happy Days

As Mrs. Blackwood always used to say, "There's no rest for the weary." Isn't that the truth! Life just goes from one thing to the next.


John and Laura had lots of fun at potty camp this week. One of them graduated, the other's mother is still deciding what to do.......


4-H deadlines are looming and I'm trying to prod the children into finishing their projects. I'm thinking we'll be putting in hours and hours and hours this next week. Rachel finished her knitting project this week, which is good.


Potty Camp treat store was run by the boys one morning.


Sunday lunches with friends are always highlights of life. Speaking of food, did I mention I had my first Pampered Chef party this week? It was a wonderful evening and I loved all the food we made (herb butters, fruit pizza, watermelon salad, and salsa and guacamole).


The kids and I spent a lovely day with my Dad recently. We toured Oldfields and had a picnic in the grounds.

We all stayed carefully by the bench because every tree in sight had poison ivy growing thickly around its trunk!

The kids attended an evening VBS with our neighbors a few weeks ago. Our kids love VBS!


Laura loves her little rocker that I found at a garage sale.


My two girls make me so happy. They love each other!!!!


We made it to the Farmer's Market last Saturday! It is always fun to look around. 


Christina and Rachel got their knitting done during Potty Camp.

The other thing we did this week was host a 5-Day Bible Club! It was great fun and all the kids enjoyed it so much! The Child Evangelism Fellowship volunteers showed up each day and ran the club. All I had to do was provide snacks! We will definitely be doing this next year!

And now I am somewhat weary, and trying not to think about school planning and just how will I fit everyone's subject matter into a week......at least tomorrow is a day of rest.

4 comments:

Lovella ♥ said...

Heather, these pictures are just so lovely. I so enjoyed the treat store photo. So great that you can do camp together with your sister.

southseaislandhome said...

Somehow these photos just ooze summer! I love that first one - would make a nice painting. What is potty camp? I have a 3 year old who is refusing to go potty, and I've tried everything from stickers to candy to new clothes.

Laura said...

LOve this post... some pictures I want for my birthday.. :)...lots of wonderful moments.. so glad you got them on camera....

harmony and rosie said...

What a lovely time I've had looking through your posts. So many wonderful photos and lots of scrumptious food! I am mighty impressed with Rachel's knitting.
x